- Development of precision warm forming process for microstructure control of steel driving components.
- Prediction of high temperature deformation behavior of hardly deformable high strength material and development of plastic deformation process.
- Development of cold drawing process for the high-strength stainless steel and multi-component alloys.
- Development of precision forming technology for lightweight metals (Al, Mg and Ti) with new constitutive modeling.
- Design and analysis of electromagnetic forming and joining process.
- Development of the roll bonding process for dissimilar metallic materials together with simultaneous improvement of both bonding strength and formability
- Development of design and manufacturing process for lightweight and multi-functional periodic cellular metals(PCM).
- Development of porous structure based materials by additive manufacturing technology.
Department for Virtual Materials Processing
- Microstructure prediction based on CA-FEM, CPFEM etc.
- Simulation of grain nucleation/recrystallization/grain growth/flow stress based on empirical and physical modeling in metal forming
- Metallurgical-thermo-elasto-plastic finite element analysis
- Development of texture controling process and texture analysis
- Materials design and associated fabrication technology based on computational materials science (DFT, MD, MC, CA and FE)
- Materials design based on machine learning and associated reliable materials DB construction
- Solution service using modeling and simulation in materials design followed by fabrication technologies.
- Aerospace material and process develoment
- Aerospace additive manufacturing
- Data base of design allowables for aerospace design
- Highly efficient fuel cell stack for drone
- Carbon (ta-C, a-C, and a-C:H) thin and thick film coatings for tribology applications using Filtered Cathode Vacuum Arc (FCVA technology)
Department for Advanced Biomaterials Research
- Development of the technologies for fabrication and development of medical devices, particularly for the restoration of damaged tissues by mimicking their structural and biological functions
- Development of materials and process technology for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine (e.g. Bone, teeth, muscle, etc.).
- Multi-material additive manufacturing technology to replicate the topography of biological tissue