- Head of Department
Authorized Nuclear Inspection Department(ANID) was approved from Korean government(Ministry of Science and Technology) in 1993 and was accredited and certified as Authorized Nuclear Inspection Agency by KEA(Korea Electric Association) in 1997.
Authorized Nuclear Inspection(ANI) is one of the most important functions in ensuring the safety of nuclear power plants(NPP). To ensure the safety of NPPs, ANI verifies that the owner properly manufactures and installs the safety class components and constructs concrete containment according to the approved Code & Standards, and also confirms that the integrity of safety class components and concrete containment is continuously maintained during operation.
Authorized inspection for manufacturing of the safety class components (Safety class items such as pressure vessels, pumps, valves, etc.)
Authorized Inspection for construction of NPP (ShinHanul #1·2, UAE BNPP #1·2·3·4, Saeul #4·5·6)
Authorized inspection for pre/inservice inspection and repair/replacement activity(RRA) (Pre/Inservice inspection for 21 NPP units in Korea and Pre/Inservice inspection for UAE BNPP #1·2)
|Pre/inservice inspection & RRA||
|Foreign NPP(UAE)||Manufacturing & Construction||
|Pre/inservice inspection & RRA||
Education and training for the engineers in nuclear power industry
|4/10 ~ 4/14||The 25th Welding technology academy for the engineers in nuclear power industry||44|
|9/18 ~ 9/22||The 11th Repair and replace course for the engineers in nuclear power industry||43|
|10/16 ~ 10/20||The 16th Fabrication & Installation Course for safety related components||32|
Major Research Area
|Authorized nuclear inspection (Manufacturing/Plant Construction/Inservice inspection)|
|Education and training for engineers in nuclear power industry|
|Technical supports for nuclear power industry|
Future Research Plan
- Research and development for authorized nuclear inspection technology
- Continuing education and training for the engineer in nuclear power industry
- Technical support for small and medium sized company related to material, welding and NDE
- Technical support for KEPIC certificate
Major R&D Activities
Safety enhancement of nuclear power plants through Authorized Inspection
- ANI verifies that manufacturing and installation of the safety class components and construction of concrete containment buildings are conformed to the approved Codes and standards. In addition to the above activities, ANI confirms the integrity of the safety class components and concrete containment buildings in operating plant through the reviewing of in-service inspection results. ANI issues Deviation and Non-conformance Report(DNR) or Memo to maintain the safety and integrity if non-conformance features are found.
- Authorized Inspection for manufacturing : Issue of Memo(1 case)
- Authorized Inspection for construction of NPP : Issue of DNR(14 cases), Memo(39 cases)
- Authorized inspection for pre/inservice inspection and repair/replacement activity : Issue of DNR(2 case), Memo(60 cases)
Technical support for KEPIC certificate
- Domestic nuclear power industry has to follow the KEPIC certification system in order to show its quality assurance ability. The obtaining of KEPIC certification is essential for manufacturing and construction companies that provide services to nuclear power industry. Based on abundant knowledge and experiences about quality assurance in nuclear power industry, ANID has been conducting various technical support such as QAM(Quality Assurance Manual) approval, authorized nuclear inspection, demo job examination, etc.
- Reinforced quality assurance system in the domestic nuclear power industry through support for obtaining the KEPIC certification
- Established a systematic foundation for NPP export
- 6 organizations have obtained/renewed KEPIC certification due to ANID’s support